ANTÉS LANGHE DOC BIANCO
Antés - White wines
- Variety: Chardonnay added with Cortese, Favorita or other autochthonous varieties of Langhe.
- Colour: straw yellow with green tones.
- Bouquet: delicate, well-balanced with hints of fruit.
- Taste: supple, hints of fresh fruit.
- Alcoholic content: 11% vol.
- Serving temperature: 8-10° C.
- Content: 75 cl.
Harvest: mid September, with manual selection of the grapes and the removal of rotten or botrytised berries, when necessary. Soft pressing in pneumatic press to avoid breaking the wooden parts since no removal of the bunches is made. Breaking the wooden part could cause unwanted components to remain in the wine. Refrigeration of the most at 6 to 8°C to inhibit any start of fermentation and favour the natural decanting of the lees. Selected yeasts are inoculated in the cleaned must for correct fermentation at the temperature of 16-18°C. In that way the floral and fruity notes of the grapes will be preserved. Filtration at the end of the fermentation and maturing in stainless steel tanks. Bottling after sterile filtration in late winter or spring.
We recommend consuming this wine within two years, yet some good vintages give it a longer life.
FOOD AND WINE
Fresh cheese, fish soups, delicate fish, boiled or fresh vegetables, salads, pasta with butter or oil dressing.