NEBBIOLO D’ALBA DOC
Arione Vini - Red wines
- Variety: Nebbiolo.
- Colour: ruby red with garnet red nuances.
- Bouquet: robust, yet delicate, hints of violets and raspberry.
- Taste: dry, full-bodied and tannic when young, supple when aged.
- Alcoholic content: minimum 12% Vol.
- Serving temperature: 18-20 °C.
- Content: 75 cl.
Harvest: first weeks of October. Pressing, picking the wood from the bunches of grapes; fermentation, in big tanks with skins and selected yeasts, at controlled temperature, never over 25°C, till the complete transformation of the natural sugars. Frequently poured off (3 to 4 times) from November to March, to favour the natural decantation of the skins. Aged at least one year in big oak barrels, then further refinement in small barrels. After filtration, bottling, at cellar temperature. Then, the bottles rest lying position for at least three months. Recommended consumption one year after the harvest; however, good vintages allow to consume it even later on.
MATCHING WITH FOOD
Roasted red meat, braised meat with wine, white meat, grilled or stewed meat, pasta, and rice.