Arione Vini - Red wines
- Variety: Nebbiolo- sub-varieties Michet, Lampia, Rosé.
- Colour: garnet red with orange nuances.
- Bouquet: intense, it reminds violet and rose flowers.
- Taste: dry, full body, robust, austere and velvety.
- Alcoholic content: minimum 13% vol.
- Serving temperature: 18-22 °C.
- Content: 75 cl.
Harvest: first 15 days of October.
Pressing, removal of wood from the bunches; fermentation in big tanks with skins at controlled temperature never over 25°C, till the transformation of the natural sugars. Frequently poured-off (3 to 4 times) from November to March, to favour the natural decantation of the skins. Then, poured off twice a year, in spring and fall, to guarantee a perfect maturation of the wine. Ageing at least 3 years in big oak barrels and refining in small barrels. After filtration, bottling at cellar temperature. Then the wine undergoes further refinement for at least 3 months in lying bottles. Consumption is recommended from the 4th year on; however, good vintages maintain the characteristics of the wine intact after many years. Not rarely, it is possibile to taste some fantastic “Barolo” even after 10 years.
MATCHING WITH FOOD
Fur game, stewed game, red meat, matured cheese.