ANTÉS LANGHE DOC ROSSO
Antés - Red wines
- Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon added with Dolcetto, Freisa, or other autochthonous varieties of Langhe.
- Colour: deep ruby red with purple reflex.
- Bouquet: persistent, hints of soft fruits.
- Taste: tannic, dry.
- Alcoholic content: 12% vol.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 °C.
- Content: 75 cl.
Harvest time: 1st and 2nd week of October.
Pressing without picking the wood from the bunch, fermentation in big tanks with selected yeasts and at the presence of skins and seeds, till the complete evolution of the natural sugars of the grapes at controlled temperature not over 25°C. Frequently poured off (3 to 4 times) from November to March to favour the natural decanting of the lees.
Later on the wines that had been processed separately are blended in different percentages according to the vintage to favour the balance.
Bottling, after filtration, at cellar temperature and at least 3 months further refinement in lying bottles.
MATCHING WITH FOOD
Matured cheese, feather game, roasted red meat, delicate roasts.