ALTEFRANGE PIEMONTE DOC BARBERA
Altefrange - Red wines
- Variety: Barbera, addition of Dolcetto, Freisa, and Grignolino grapes in variable quantity up to 15% allowed.
- Colour: ruby red, never too intense.
- Bouquet: winy, pleasant, nice flower bouquet.
- Taste: dry, lightly sweet, lively.
- Alcoholic content: minimum 12 % vol.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 °C.
- Content: 75 cl – 1,5 l.
Harvest: late September. Pressure, taking away the wood from the clusters; fermentation, in big tanks with skins and selected yeasts, controlling temperature, which can’t overcome 25°C, till the consumption of the natural sugars of the grapes. Frequent pourings, from October to March, to favour the natural decantation of the skins. Stockage in big inox tanks guarantees a perfect maturation of the wine. During late spring or summer, after filtration, bottling at cellar temperature.
MATCHING WITH FOOD
Red meat roasts, delicate roasts, white meat, grilled meat, humid meat, fresh cheese, boiled vegetables, pasta and rice.