ALTEFRANGE BARBERA D’ASTI DOCG
Altefrange - Red wines
- Variety: Barbera.
- Colour: deep ruby red when young, getting deeper garnet red tones with ageing.
- Bouquet: winy, intense, hints of withered flowers.
- Taste: dry, round taste, tannic, suppler after ageing.
- Alcoholic content: minimum 12 % vol.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 °C.
- Content: 75 cl.
Harvest: late September. Pressing, picking the wood from the bunches; fermentation in big tanks with skins and selected yeasts, at controlled temperature never over 25°C, till the complete transformation of the natural sugars of the grapes. Frequently poured off from October to March to favour the natural decantation of the skins. Stockage in big stainless steel tanks to guarantee a perfect maturation of the wine. Sometimes, to favour the evolution of its characteristic bouquet, it is refined some months in big oak barrels. In late spring or summer, after filtration, bottling at cellar temperature. Consumption is suggested within 3 years; however, some good vintages guarantee a perfect ageing till 5-6 years.
MATCHING WITH FOOD
Red meat roasts, braised meat with wine, white meat, grilled or stewed meat, fresh cheese, fish soups, very tasty fish, boiled vegetables, pasta, and rice.